Wisbech youth rugby teams put in brave performances against strong Spalding sides
YOUNG rugby players from Wisbech’s youth sides learnt valuable lessons during a series of matches away against Spalding last weekend.
A try from Cameron Finlay was the highlight for the under-10s who were beaten twice in their two games against the hosts.
Frank Etherington was named as player of the week for his consistently good performances all season.
The under-8s also put in a battling performance, pushing Spalding close in three narrow defeats.
Sam Howat, Ewan Samways, Fabian Simpson and Jack Fowler scored four tries each, with Ben Wilcox, George Howat and Anton McNab also getting on the scoresheet.
You may also want to watch:
The under-7s recorded the first victory of the day, winning their final game by three tries to one, with a team featuring players as young as five. Earlier games had seen them defeated once, with one draw.
Try scorers were Oliver Mann (2), Joshua Bell, Aneurin Simpson, Billy Nurse and Freddie Riddington.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
The club has teams from under-7s to under-17s. Training takes place at the Chapel Road ground on Sundays at 10am. Information about the club can be found at www.wisbechrugby.com