Wisbech youth rugby teams put in brave performances against strong Spalding sides
YOUNG rugby players from Wisbech’s youth sides learnt valuable lessons during a series of matches away against Spalding last weekend.
A try from Cameron Finlay was the highlight for the under-10s who were beaten twice in their two games against the hosts.
Frank Etherington was named as player of the week for his consistently good performances all season.
The under-8s also put in a battling performance, pushing Spalding close in three narrow defeats.
Sam Howat, Ewan Samways, Fabian Simpson and Jack Fowler scored four tries each, with Ben Wilcox, George Howat and Anton McNab also getting on the scoresheet.
You may also want to watch:
The under-7s recorded the first victory of the day, winning their final game by three tries to one, with a team featuring players as young as five. Earlier games had seen them defeated once, with one draw.
Try scorers were Oliver Mann (2), Joshua Bell, Aneurin Simpson, Billy Nurse and Freddie Riddington.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
The club has teams from under-7s to under-17s. Training takes place at the Chapel Road ground on Sundays at 10am. Information about the club can be found at www.wisbechrugby.com