Flying start for Wisbech Rugby Club under 11s against Peterborough on Remembrance Sunday
- Credit: Archant
On a lovely sunny Remembrance Sunday morning Wisbech under 11s travelled to a busy Peterborough for triangular matches involving the host Peterborough and a St Ives team.
Wisbech started their first of three matches against one of Peterborough’s teams. Wisbech got off to a flying start, scoring two quick try’s past a very energetic Peterborough side.
Peterborough responded with a try of their own managing to bridge the tight Wisbech defence.
Peterborough continued to put the pressure on Wisbech who managed to keep Peterborough at bay for the rest of the half.
The second half saw five more tries with the game finishing 5-3 to Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech second match was against St Ives, who started off very strong with some big runs by some big boys.
Once Wisbech realised that they would need to be more accurate it there tackles to slow down St Ives, the game then went back and forth with St Ives eventually overcome Wisbech by a couple of tries.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
A break in play as all the teams across age groups joined together on the first team pitch in front of the club house to commemorate our fallen hero’s with the two minutes silence at the stoke of 11am.
Following the silence Wisbech took on the second of our hosts teams. This was a match where Wisbech took the lead and never looked back winning their final game as well.
With Sundays’ results in mind, Wisbech under 11s are looking good and feeling positive as they look towards next Sunday’s Peterborough festival.