Wisbech trampoline stars bounce to glory at national championship
YOUNG trampoline stars from Wisbech have bounced to victory at a national championship.
Ellie Salmon, Alana Pritchard and Yasmin Pritchard helped Magdalene House, the Wisbech Grammar School’s preparatory school, to glory.
The school triumphed in the girls under-9s category of the Independent Association of Prep Schools trampoline competition, which attracted more than 250 competitors.
Seven-year-old Alana also placed third individually, while 13-year-old head girl Alice Salmon finished second in the under-13s age group.
Head coach Adela Broda, from Fenland Flyers, said: “I am so proud of the girls. They trained extremely hard for this competition and it has paid off with unexpected brilliant results for the school.
You may also want to watch:
“I look forward to taking them back next year.”
Head teacher Chris Moxon said: “Just to compete in this highly prestigious competition for the first time was a real privilege.
- 1 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 2 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 3 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 4 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 5 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 6 RAF Lakenheath fly-over in memory of US airman Kenneth ‘Kage’ Allen
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 9 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
“To actually win the under-9s competition is incredible and also to have our head girl come second against so many top preparatory schools is just amazing.”