Wisbech trampoline stars bounce to glory at national championship
YOUNG trampoline stars from Wisbech have bounced to victory at a national championship.
Ellie Salmon, Alana Pritchard and Yasmin Pritchard helped Magdalene House, the Wisbech Grammar School’s preparatory school, to glory.
The school triumphed in the girls under-9s category of the Independent Association of Prep Schools trampoline competition, which attracted more than 250 competitors.
Seven-year-old Alana also placed third individually, while 13-year-old head girl Alice Salmon finished second in the under-13s age group.
Head coach Adela Broda, from Fenland Flyers, said: “I am so proud of the girls. They trained extremely hard for this competition and it has paid off with unexpected brilliant results for the school.
You may also want to watch:
“I look forward to taking them back next year.”
Head teacher Chris Moxon said: “Just to compete in this highly prestigious competition for the first time was a real privilege.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
“To actually win the under-9s competition is incredible and also to have our head girl come second against so many top preparatory schools is just amazing.”