Wisbech trampoline stars bounce to glory at national championship
YOUNG trampoline stars from Wisbech have bounced to victory at a national championship.
Ellie Salmon, Alana Pritchard and Yasmin Pritchard helped Magdalene House, the Wisbech Grammar School’s preparatory school, to glory.
The school triumphed in the girls under-9s category of the Independent Association of Prep Schools trampoline competition, which attracted more than 250 competitors.
Seven-year-old Alana also placed third individually, while 13-year-old head girl Alice Salmon finished second in the under-13s age group.
Head coach Adela Broda, from Fenland Flyers, said: “I am so proud of the girls. They trained extremely hard for this competition and it has paid off with unexpected brilliant results for the school.
You may also want to watch:
“I look forward to taking them back next year.”
Head teacher Chris Moxon said: “Just to compete in this highly prestigious competition for the first time was a real privilege.
- 1 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 2 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 3 LETTER: High Covid rates in Wisbech and 'sceptic' councillors?
- 4 Port of Wisbech continues to defy the trend with 'remarkable' turnout
- 5 Two cars – including Range Rover – stolen overnight in keyless thefts
- 6 Two-car collision on A47
- 7 Mini digger worth around £14,000 stolen from building site overnight
- 8 Horror crash all because BMW driver left home with frozen windscreen
- 9 'He absolutely pummeled me' - Man, 70, describes vicious attack
- 10 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
“To actually win the under-9s competition is incredible and also to have our head girl come second against so many top preparatory schools is just amazing.”