Wisbech trampoline stars bounce to glory at national championship
YOUNG trampoline stars from Wisbech have bounced to victory at a national championship.
Ellie Salmon, Alana Pritchard and Yasmin Pritchard helped Magdalene House, the Wisbech Grammar School’s preparatory school, to glory.
The school triumphed in the girls under-9s category of the Independent Association of Prep Schools trampoline competition, which attracted more than 250 competitors.
Seven-year-old Alana also placed third individually, while 13-year-old head girl Alice Salmon finished second in the under-13s age group.
Head coach Adela Broda, from Fenland Flyers, said: “I am so proud of the girls. They trained extremely hard for this competition and it has paid off with unexpected brilliant results for the school.
You may also want to watch:
“I look forward to taking them back next year.”
Head teacher Chris Moxon said: “Just to compete in this highly prestigious competition for the first time was a real privilege.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
“To actually win the under-9s competition is incredible and also to have our head girl come second against so many top preparatory schools is just amazing.”