Wisbech Town thumped 6-1 at Mildenhall Town in Ridgeon's League encounter
WISBECH Town suffered a humiliating 6-1 defeat to neighbours Mildenhall Town on Bank Holiday Monday. Two goals in the first five minutes set the tone of the game, and two goals late in the half saw the Fenmen go into the break 4-0 down. Substitute Stuart
WISBECH Town suffered a humiliating 6-1 defeat to neighbours Mildenhall Town on Bank Holiday Monday.
Two goals in the first five minutes set the tone of the game, and two goals late in the half saw the Fenmen go into the break 4-0 down.
Substitute Stuart Cobb, who replaced Jordan Yong in the first half, pulled one back for the Fenmen early in the second half but Mildenhall completed the rout with two more goals.
After two months unbeaten, Wisbech have now lost their last two games and travel to local rivals Ely City on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
• Wisbech's Boxing Day match against CRC was postponed because The Nest at Outwell was covered with a blanket of ice.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 4 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 7 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 8 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 9 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 10 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant