Wisbech Town sign shot-stopper Lovelace as cover for number one Rayner
FORMER Holbeach United shot-stopper Ricky Lovelace has signed for Wisbech Town as cover for goalkeeper Ryan Rayner.
The 27-year-old, who had been with Skegness Town, will take his place on the bench for Saturday’s FA Vase Fourth Round clash with Dunston UTS.
Regular ‘keeper Rayner will be unavailable for a series of upcoming midweek fixtures, including Tuesday’s Cambs Invitation Cup tie with Haverhill Rovers, and Lovelace is expected to deputise.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby said: “We can’t take any chances with the Vase. Ricky will provide bench cover for that game and might play in the Cambs Invitation Cup.”
Lovelace, who trained with Wisbech on Tuesday night, has had spells playing in the United Counties League for both Holbeach and Boston Town.
You may also want to watch:
His brother, Mark, still plays for Boston.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad