Wisbech Town sign Millson on dual deal with Boston United
BOSTON United midfielder Adam Millson has signed dual registration forms with Wisbech Town.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby was chasing the highly-rated 21-year-old last season while he was playing for Grantham Town.
However, he has now convinced the talented youngster to put pen to paper on Ridgeons forms with Wisbech even though he’s also registered with the Pilgrims.
The deal allows Millson to play in the Blue Square North for Boston (Step 2 of the non-league pyramid) AND the Ridgeons Premier Division (Step 5) for the Fenmen.
Appleby said he was delighted with securing the signature of his long-term transfer target.
Speaking about his initial interest last Novemeber, Appleby said: “He’s a player I’ve admired from my Boston United days because he’s got a bit of everything.
“He’s a box-to-box player, creative and works very hard. He’d be a great addition to our side.”
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 3 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 4 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 5 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 6 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 7 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 8 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
Millson burst onto the scene during the 2008-2009 season and collected all five of Boston United’s player of the year awards as he helped The Pilgrims gain promotion to the Blue Square North.
The midfielder has also battled back from a broken leg he sustained while playing for Boston in 2009.
In other news, defender Jon Fairweather has re-signed Ridgeons forms for the club after finishing his coaching job in the USA.
The popular player looks set to join Millson in Appleby’s squad for Wisbech’s trip to Diss Town on Saturday.