Wisbech Town sign Millson on dual deal with Boston United
BOSTON United midfielder Adam Millson has signed dual registration forms with Wisbech Town.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby was chasing the highly-rated 21-year-old last season while he was playing for Grantham Town.
However, he has now convinced the talented youngster to put pen to paper on Ridgeons forms with Wisbech even though he’s also registered with the Pilgrims.
The deal allows Millson to play in the Blue Square North for Boston (Step 2 of the non-league pyramid) AND the Ridgeons Premier Division (Step 5) for the Fenmen.
Appleby said he was delighted with securing the signature of his long-term transfer target.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about his initial interest last Novemeber, Appleby said: “He’s a player I’ve admired from my Boston United days because he’s got a bit of everything.
“He’s a box-to-box player, creative and works very hard. He’d be a great addition to our side.”
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 7 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 8 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
Millson burst onto the scene during the 2008-2009 season and collected all five of Boston United’s player of the year awards as he helped The Pilgrims gain promotion to the Blue Square North.
The midfielder has also battled back from a broken leg he sustained while playing for Boston in 2009.
In other news, defender Jon Fairweather has re-signed Ridgeons forms for the club after finishing his coaching job in the USA.
The popular player looks set to join Millson in Appleby’s squad for Wisbech’s trip to Diss Town on Saturday.