Wisbech Town sign Millson on dual deal with Boston United
BOSTON United midfielder Adam Millson has signed dual registration forms with Wisbech Town.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby was chasing the highly-rated 21-year-old last season while he was playing for Grantham Town.
However, he has now convinced the talented youngster to put pen to paper on Ridgeons forms with Wisbech even though he’s also registered with the Pilgrims.
The deal allows Millson to play in the Blue Square North for Boston (Step 2 of the non-league pyramid) AND the Ridgeons Premier Division (Step 5) for the Fenmen.
Appleby said he was delighted with securing the signature of his long-term transfer target.
Speaking about his initial interest last Novemeber, Appleby said: “He’s a player I’ve admired from my Boston United days because he’s got a bit of everything.
“He’s a box-to-box player, creative and works very hard. He’d be a great addition to our side.”
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 3 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 4 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 5 Wisbech Swimming Club member gains place at British Swimming Championships final
- 6 Over 480 arrests for drink driving across county, say police
- 7 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had undiagnosed Alzheimer’s’
- 8 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 9 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 10 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
Millson burst onto the scene during the 2008-2009 season and collected all five of Boston United’s player of the year awards as he helped The Pilgrims gain promotion to the Blue Square North.
The midfielder has also battled back from a broken leg he sustained while playing for Boston in 2009.
In other news, defender Jon Fairweather has re-signed Ridgeons forms for the club after finishing his coaching job in the USA.
The popular player looks set to join Millson in Appleby’s squad for Wisbech’s trip to Diss Town on Saturday.