Wisbech Town sign Charley Saunders and Luke Kennedy
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town’s busy summer of transfer activity continued with the acquisition of two more players.
Striker Charley Sanders, formerly of Boston United, and midfielder Luke Kennedy, a former Fenman, are the latest to join Brett Whaley’s squad.
Whaley said: “Charley gives us a different dimension up top, real physical presence that we’ve been looking for. Had a really good start at Boston United, but since has been unfortunate with a number of loan moves.
“Hopefully for us and him, this is a place he can settle and enjoy his football.
“Luke really enjoyed his last spell at the club, he controls a game from the middle of the park and his experience will be a real benefit to us. I’ve been chasing him since I got the job, delighted to have got it sorted now.”
You may also want to watch:
Going the other way is Danny Beaumont, who has left to join Wroxham Town.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary