Wisbech Town sign Charley Saunders and Luke Kennedy
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town’s busy summer of transfer activity continued with the acquisition of two more players.
Striker Charley Sanders, formerly of Boston United, and midfielder Luke Kennedy, a former Fenman, are the latest to join Brett Whaley’s squad.
Whaley said: “Charley gives us a different dimension up top, real physical presence that we’ve been looking for. Had a really good start at Boston United, but since has been unfortunate with a number of loan moves.
“Hopefully for us and him, this is a place he can settle and enjoy his football.
“Luke really enjoyed his last spell at the club, he controls a game from the middle of the park and his experience will be a real benefit to us. I’ve been chasing him since I got the job, delighted to have got it sorted now.”
You may also want to watch:
Going the other way is Danny Beaumont, who has left to join Wroxham Town.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens