Wisbech Town re-sign youngster Jack Friend from Peterborough United
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town have re-signed forward Jack Friend after he was released by Sky Bet League One side Peterborough United ten days ago.
The talented youngster, who signed a professional contract for Posh in March 2015 after his scintillating form for their under 18s, rejoins the Elgoods Fenland Stadium outfit after failing to break into Peterborough’s first team.
Friend returns to Wisbech under the guidance of Dick Creasey, who was confirmed as permanent manager last weekend, and the Fenmen boss is hoping their new recruit - who can play as a striker or on the wing - will find form in the UCL Premier Division.
“We hope he can get back in the goals,” Creasey said. “He’s been here before and knows the club, so we hope the lad can push on again and get firing.”
The 19-year-old became Wisbech’s youngest ever scorer back in 2012 when he found the net aged just 16 years and seven days, before joining Posh’s academy set-up a year later.
You may also want to watch:
He penned a professional deal at the ABAX Stadium last year, but spent the majority of last season on loan at King’s Lynn Town. Friend was one of six players released by Peterborough United earlier this month.
A return to semi-professional football also means the former College of West Anglia student is on the look-out for a full-time job.
- 1 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision