Wisbech Town mark the end of the season with awards night
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town marked the end of their 2016/17 campaign with the club’s annual presentation evening.
The Fenmen handed out awards to players that were voted as the club’s best performers by manager Dick Creasey, the club’s supporters and the players themselves, as well as commemorative awards to four players who reached 250 appearances during the season.
Billy Smith, Jon Fairweather, Scott Johnson and Adam Millson all received a commemorative plate, as well as a personalised caricature drawn by local artist Kevin Meek.
It was a successful night for midfielder Sam Murphy, who scooped the manager’s player and supporters’ player of the season, with striker Michael Frew winning the players’ player of the year award.
Frew also shared the leading goal-scorer’s award with Billy Smith, and there were special awards for the retiring Scott Johnson and former striker Harry Limb, who secured a big move to Burnley in February.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Dick Creasey also received his UCL manager of the month award for April.
Wisbech Town finished their UCL Premier Division campaign in sixth and reached the final of the League Cup.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 6 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 7 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 8 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition