Wisbech Town mark the end of the season with awards night
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town marked the end of their 2016/17 campaign with the club’s annual presentation evening.
The Fenmen handed out awards to players that were voted as the club’s best performers by manager Dick Creasey, the club’s supporters and the players themselves, as well as commemorative awards to four players who reached 250 appearances during the season.
Billy Smith, Jon Fairweather, Scott Johnson and Adam Millson all received a commemorative plate, as well as a personalised caricature drawn by local artist Kevin Meek.
It was a successful night for midfielder Sam Murphy, who scooped the manager’s player and supporters’ player of the season, with striker Michael Frew winning the players’ player of the year award.
Frew also shared the leading goal-scorer’s award with Billy Smith, and there were special awards for the retiring Scott Johnson and former striker Harry Limb, who secured a big move to Burnley in February.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Dick Creasey also received his UCL manager of the month award for April.
Wisbech Town finished their UCL Premier Division campaign in sixth and reached the final of the League Cup.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed