Wisbech Town handed home tie in Ridgeons league cup quarter-final
WISBECH Town have been handed a home tie against either Great Yarmouth Town or Kirkley & Pakefield in the quarter finals of the Ridgeons League Challenge Cup.
The Fenmen have already dumped table-topping Dereham Town and first division side Diss out of the competition to make it through to the last eight.
Steve Appleby’s troops are yet to play Great Yarmouth this campaign but sit five places above them in the Ridgeons Premier Division.
However, a 2-1 defeat at Kirkley & Pakefield in October ended a seven-game unbeaten run for the Fenmen - who currently sit 10th - and are four places, and five points behind Kirkley, although the Suffolk outfit have played four games more.
The fixture is scheduled for Tuesday January 25 but is dependent on the outstanding second round match between Wisbech’s potential opponents taking place the Wednesday before.
You may also want to watch:
Quarter-final draw in full:
Stanway Rovers v CRC or Brantham Athletic
- 1 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
Stowmarket Town v Team Bury
Walsham-le-Willows v Wroxham or Godmanchester Rovers
Wisbech Town v Great Yarmouth Town or Kirkley & Pakefield
Ties are scheduled for January 25 and 26.