Wisbech Town handed home tie in Ridgeons league cup quarter-final
WISBECH Town have been handed a home tie against either Great Yarmouth Town or Kirkley & Pakefield in the quarter finals of the Ridgeons League Challenge Cup.
The Fenmen have already dumped table-topping Dereham Town and first division side Diss out of the competition to make it through to the last eight.
Steve Appleby’s troops are yet to play Great Yarmouth this campaign but sit five places above them in the Ridgeons Premier Division.
However, a 2-1 defeat at Kirkley & Pakefield in October ended a seven-game unbeaten run for the Fenmen - who currently sit 10th - and are four places, and five points behind Kirkley, although the Suffolk outfit have played four games more.
The fixture is scheduled for Tuesday January 25 but is dependent on the outstanding second round match between Wisbech’s potential opponents taking place the Wednesday before.
You may also want to watch:
Quarter-final draw in full:
Stanway Rovers v CRC or Brantham Athletic
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 8 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
Stowmarket Town v Team Bury
Walsham-le-Willows v Wroxham or Godmanchester Rovers
Wisbech Town v Great Yarmouth Town or Kirkley & Pakefield
Ties are scheduled for January 25 and 26.