Wisbech Town handed home tie in Ridgeons league cup quarter-final
WISBECH Town have been handed a home tie against either Great Yarmouth Town or Kirkley & Pakefield in the quarter finals of the Ridgeons League Challenge Cup.
The Fenmen have already dumped table-topping Dereham Town and first division side Diss out of the competition to make it through to the last eight.
Steve Appleby’s troops are yet to play Great Yarmouth this campaign but sit five places above them in the Ridgeons Premier Division.
However, a 2-1 defeat at Kirkley & Pakefield in October ended a seven-game unbeaten run for the Fenmen - who currently sit 10th - and are four places, and five points behind Kirkley, although the Suffolk outfit have played four games more.
The fixture is scheduled for Tuesday January 25 but is dependent on the outstanding second round match between Wisbech’s potential opponents taking place the Wednesday before.
Quarter-final draw in full:
Stanway Rovers v CRC or Brantham Athletic
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 3 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 6 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
Stowmarket Town v Team Bury
Walsham-le-Willows v Wroxham or Godmanchester Rovers
Wisbech Town v Great Yarmouth Town or Kirkley & Pakefield
Ties are scheduled for January 25 and 26.