Wisbech Town still waiting for opening Northern Premier League success
- Credit: David Lowndes
Wisbech Town are still hunting for an opening victory in the league after disappointments against Newcastle Town and Carlton Town.
The second of them was a 4-0 reverse in Nottingham on Tuesday night, with the second and third coming quickly after half-time after nipping any hopes of a comeback in the bud.
It followed a frustrating 3-2 defeat against Newcastle on Saturday.
The Fenmen took the lead on 49 minutes through Avelino Vieira but the Castle levelled nine minutes later.
That’s how it remained until two goals from Ryan McLean gave the visitors a two-goal advantage, the first of them on 72 minutes and the second 10 minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
Substitute Layton Maddison gave home fans some hope in stoppage time but there was to be no dramatic comeback.
Wisbech are back at the Fenland Stadium on Saturday when Frickley Athletic are the visitors.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder