Wisbech Town draw with Histon Reserves after controversial penalty
Ridegons Premier Division: Histon Reserves 2 Wisbech Town 2
The Fenmen had to come back from a nightmare start after they went behind in the first minute.
But a penalty from Luke Kennedy and a second half strike from Matt Lunn put Wisbech back in command.
The Fenmen were unable to hold on for the win though, with Histon equalising from the penalty spot after Lewis Thompson was sent off for receiving his second yellow card.
The draw followed Wisbech’s 2-1 win over bottom of the league Woodbridge Town at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech will now begin preparations for their clash with Stanway Rovers on Saturday.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl