Wisbech Town draw with Histon Reserves after controversial penalty
Ridegons Premier Division: Histon Reserves 2 Wisbech Town 2
The Fenmen had to come back from a nightmare start after they went behind in the first minute.
But a penalty from Luke Kennedy and a second half strike from Matt Lunn put Wisbech back in command.
The Fenmen were unable to hold on for the win though, with Histon equalising from the penalty spot after Lewis Thompson was sent off for receiving his second yellow card.
The draw followed Wisbech’s 2-1 win over bottom of the league Woodbridge Town at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech will now begin preparations for their clash with Stanway Rovers on Saturday.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires