Wisbech Town continue dream of reaching FA Vase Wembley final with 1-0 win
FA Vase Second Round: Racing Club Warwick 0 Wisbech Town 1
WISBECH Town continued their dream of reaching a Wembley FA Vase Final today by beating Racing Club Warwick 1-0.
Steve Appleby’s Fenmen secured their passage into the Vase’s third round thanks to a first-half goal from Callum Reed.
But Warwick - who play one level below Wisbech in the non-league ladder - pushed Appleby’s side all the way in a tense encounter.
Delighted Wisbech supporters will head back to Fenland in buoyant mood especially as the club’s fiercest rivals, and last season’s Vase semi-finalists, King’s Lynn Town, exited the competition today losing 2-0 at Gresley.
You may also want to watch:
The Fenmen, who have won their last nine games and are unbeaten in their last 12 matches, picked up �1,200 for the victory.
They return to action on Tuesday night as they continue their quest to retain the Ridgeons League Challenge Cup with a second round game at Norwich United.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’