Wisbech Town boss Appleby: We’re Jekyll and Hyde
FENMEN boss Steve Appleby has warned his “Jekyll and Hyde” outfit that changes will be made if performances don’t improve.
Last night’s 2-0 home defeat to Haverhill Rovers left Appleby gutted and confused after his side had performed fantastically in their 4-0 FA Vase victory at S&L Corby on Saturday.
“It’s killing me,” he said.
“I’m angry, disappointed, gutted and confused at how we gave a complete performance on Saturday and then were so inept last night. We’ve been more than a little Jekyll and Hyde.
“I put the same team out, didn’t change anything and am as frustrated as the supporters. We’ve had four or five games at home now and haven’t really performed so I feel sorry for them too.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re getting to the stage now that for some players it’s their last chance to get it right.”
Wisbech face bottom side Brantham Athletic at the Tom Wood’s Beer Fenland Stadium on Saturday and Appleby expects nothing less than three points.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
He said: “The players need to step up to the plate, stand up and be counted for.
“I expect three points and a performance on Saturday as I really want this great new ground to become a fortress and so far it hasn’t.”