Wisbech Town boss Appleby: We’re Jekyll and Hyde
FENMEN boss Steve Appleby has warned his “Jekyll and Hyde” outfit that changes will be made if performances don’t improve.
Last night’s 2-0 home defeat to Haverhill Rovers left Appleby gutted and confused after his side had performed fantastically in their 4-0 FA Vase victory at S&L Corby on Saturday.
“It’s killing me,” he said.
“I’m angry, disappointed, gutted and confused at how we gave a complete performance on Saturday and then were so inept last night. We’ve been more than a little Jekyll and Hyde.
“I put the same team out, didn’t change anything and am as frustrated as the supporters. We’ve had four or five games at home now and haven’t really performed so I feel sorry for them too.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re getting to the stage now that for some players it’s their last chance to get it right.”
Wisbech face bottom side Brantham Athletic at the Tom Wood’s Beer Fenland Stadium on Saturday and Appleby expects nothing less than three points.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 6 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
He said: “The players need to step up to the plate, stand up and be counted for.
“I expect three points and a performance on Saturday as I really want this great new ground to become a fortress and so far it hasn’t.”