Wisbech Town boss Appleby: We’re Jekyll and Hyde
FENMEN boss Steve Appleby has warned his “Jekyll and Hyde” outfit that changes will be made if performances don’t improve.
Last night’s 2-0 home defeat to Haverhill Rovers left Appleby gutted and confused after his side had performed fantastically in their 4-0 FA Vase victory at S&L Corby on Saturday.
“It’s killing me,” he said.
“I’m angry, disappointed, gutted and confused at how we gave a complete performance on Saturday and then were so inept last night. We’ve been more than a little Jekyll and Hyde.
“I put the same team out, didn’t change anything and am as frustrated as the supporters. We’ve had four or five games at home now and haven’t really performed so I feel sorry for them too.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re getting to the stage now that for some players it’s their last chance to get it right.”
Wisbech face bottom side Brantham Athletic at the Tom Wood’s Beer Fenland Stadium on Saturday and Appleby expects nothing less than three points.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
He said: “The players need to step up to the plate, stand up and be counted for.
“I expect three points and a performance on Saturday as I really want this great new ground to become a fortress and so far it hasn’t.”