Wisbech Town boss Appleby warns side ahead of cup semi: We can have no excuses
WISBECH Town head into their biggest game of the season tonight with boss Steve Appleby warning his full-strength side they can have no excuses.
The Fenmen travel to first division Stowmarket Town in the Ridgeons League Challenge Cup Semi-Final in buoyant mood after Paul Cousins’ injury-time winner against Kirkley & Pakefield helped Wisbech move up to fifth in the Ridgeons Premier Division on Saturday.
And with a full compliment of players to pick from Appleby admitted his side have a fantastic chance to reach their second cup final of his managerial reign.
Appleby said: “You can’t ask for much more than a win, and no injuries, going into a semi-final.
“The lads will be buoyant after Saturday and we’ve got to go there confident, but not over-confident and treat them with respect.
You may also want to watch:
“However, I’d like to think we can attack them and they won’t be able to contain us. We’re at full strength so we can have no excuses.”
The Fenmen are desperate to end their 16-year wait for silverware with just tonight’s opponents, and either Wroxham or CRC standing in their way of cup glory.
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son
Stowmarket Town sit sixth in the Ridgeons First Division and go into tonight’s game on the back of a 3-0 defeat at Diss Town on Saturday.