Wisbech Town boss Appleby admits Ridgeons Premier Division title is Wroxham’s to lose
MANAGER Steve Appleby admitted the Ridgeons Premier Division title is Wroxham’s to lose after Wisbech Town’s promotion hopes suffered a huge blow on Saturday.
Appleby was furious after his side threw away a two-goal lead, courtesy of strikes from Nick Davey and Jon Fairweather, to lose 4-2 at Kirkley & Pakefield.
The defeat leaves the Fenmen fifth, 14 points behind table-topping Wroxham - the only side along with Wisbech to have applied for promotion this season.
Appleby said: “The way the table’s looking now you’d say it’s definitely Wroxham’s to lose.
“Everybody still has to play each other again, so in one sense it’s still wide open, but we can’t have many more slip ups.
You may also want to watch:
“Saturday was a massive let down. We threw it away. We rolled over and died and that’s one thing I won’t accept.”
Stacy Cartwright (nose) and Lewis Thompson (ankle) are fit again and return to the squad for Saturday’s home game with mid-table Gorleston. (3pm kick-off).
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 5 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
Liam Nimmo (work) is expected to be unavailable again.
Appleby said: “I’ve told the lads they need to have a think about how badly they want to win things before we kiss everything goodbye. It doesn’t matter how we get it but we need a win on Saturday.”