NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Six of the best as Wisbech Town’s run continues with win over Kirby Muxloe
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town extended their unbeaten run to 15 games - including six league wins on the bounce - with a 3-0 win over Kirby Muxloe.
Following the enforced midweek call-off of a County Cup game due to an injury crisis, manager Gary Setchell had just 12 fit players to call upon.
With record-breaking keeper Paul Bastock away, 18-year-old Aaron Watson was signed from King’s Lynn Town as cover.
It took just four minutes for Wisbech to take the lead, Michael Frew having the freedom of the Kirby Muxloe penalty area to put away Alex Beck’s cross.
The visitors from Leicestershire had a goal ruled out for offside and saw an excellent low cross run across the six-yard box but there was no one on hand to apply the finishing touch.
You may also want to watch:
The Fenmen’s lead was extended in the 78th minute as Frew controlled Adam Millson’s pass inside the box before guiding it into the net.
Substitute Kieran Hamilton sent the Wisbech supporters home happy as he capitalised on a defensive mix-up to score in injury time.
- 1 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 2 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
Wisbech, who are now just five points off top spot, travel to Northampton Sileby Rangers on Saturday (3pm).