Wisbech Town back in top six after 12th Ridgeons Premier Division draw of the season
Ridgeons Premier Division: Felixstowe & Walton United 1 Wisbech Town 1
WISBECH Town’s inconsistent campaign continued as they drew 1-1 to move back into the top six of the Ridgeons Premier Division.
The Fenmen went 1-0 down against the run of play but replied within a minute when Lewis Thompson smashed home from a corner. Neither side controlled a scrappy second half even though the home side nearly snatched all three points at the death, forcing Lea Jordan into a fine save.
The club’s website and programme editor Spencer Larham said: “A point against a team away from home who are battling for their lives could be deemed as OK I suppose we can do so much better.
“A draw was a fair result because Felixstowe battled well throughout. I’ve seen better games - the second half really petered out.”
The result leaves Wisbech one point ahead of seventh-placed Norwich United, who they face at the Tom Wood’s Beer Fenland Stadium on Tuesday night. Felixstowe & Walton United remain just one point, and one place, clear of the relegation zone.
Elsewhere, Wisbech Town Reserves lost 4-2 against Milton in their second cup semi-final of the season.
- 1 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 7 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
- 8 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 9 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 10 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
Goals from Mark Jimson and Stuart Cobb were not enough to see the Fenmen’s second-string reach the Cambs William Cockell Memorial Cup Final.
They have already made the final of the Cambs William Coad Cup where they will play Soham Town Reserves.