Wisbech Town back in top six after 12th Ridgeons Premier Division draw of the season
Ridgeons Premier Division: Felixstowe & Walton United 1 Wisbech Town 1
WISBECH Town’s inconsistent campaign continued as they drew 1-1 to move back into the top six of the Ridgeons Premier Division.
The Fenmen went 1-0 down against the run of play but replied within a minute when Lewis Thompson smashed home from a corner. Neither side controlled a scrappy second half even though the home side nearly snatched all three points at the death, forcing Lea Jordan into a fine save.
The club’s website and programme editor Spencer Larham said: “A point against a team away from home who are battling for their lives could be deemed as OK I suppose we can do so much better.
“A draw was a fair result because Felixstowe battled well throughout. I’ve seen better games - the second half really petered out.”
You may also want to watch:
The result leaves Wisbech one point ahead of seventh-placed Norwich United, who they face at the Tom Wood’s Beer Fenland Stadium on Tuesday night. Felixstowe & Walton United remain just one point, and one place, clear of the relegation zone.
Elsewhere, Wisbech Town Reserves lost 4-2 against Milton in their second cup semi-final of the season.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 6 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in hospital for first time since August
Goals from Mark Jimson and Stuart Cobb were not enough to see the Fenmen’s second-string reach the Cambs William Cockell Memorial Cup Final.
They have already made the final of the Cambs William Coad Cup where they will play Soham Town Reserves.