Wisbech Town 3 - 3 Peterborough Northern Star
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech twice fought back from a goal down to earn a 3-3 draw with Peterborough Northern Star last night.
The Fenmen took the lead on the half hour through Tommy Treacher but the visitors responded before half-time.
Two minutes after the break, Peterborough took the lead. Wisbech levelled on 52 minutes through fans player of the year Adam Millson from the penalty spot.
Shortly after, Peterborough regained the lead, but Danny Beaumont’s goal earned Wisbech a crucial point as they bid for a second place finish in the United Counties League.
With two league games remaining, Wisbech are three points clear of Thurnby Nirvana, who have a game in hand but an inferior goal difference (of four).
You may also want to watch:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds, who the Fenmen enjoyed two titanic tussles with in recent weeks, have been crowned champions.
On Saturday, Josh Ford hit a hat-trick in Wisbech Town’s 6-1 win at Newport Pagnell Town. Defensive trio Scott Johnson, Jon Fairweather and Neal Spafford scored the other goals.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
Up next for the Fenmen is a trip to sixth place Cogenhoe United on Saturday.