Wisbech Town 1-1 Wellingborough Town: Millson’s late leveller preserves Fenmen’s unbeaten run
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town had Adam Millson to thank on Saturday after the midfielder netted a second-half equaliser to keep his side’s unbeaten run intact.
Millson struck 12 minutes before time at the Elgoods Fenland Stadium to extend Wisbech’s run to 13 games - but it wasn’t all plain sailing for Dick Creasey’s men.
The sides were evenly matched in the first period, with Josh Olowoyo going close for the visitors.
Wisbech should have taken the lead midway through the half, but Michael Frew blasted over with the goal at his mercy.
The opening goal eventually came after an hour, when Wellingborough’s Deven Ellwood slotted home a loose ball.
You may also want to watch:
But the Doughboys’ lead only lasted for 10 minutes after Millson finished smartly following a mazy run into the opposition half.
Captain Jon Fairweather was dismissed just two minutes later, but Dick Creasey’s men held on to secure their 13th match unbeaten in all competitions.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
The Fenmen can make it 14 if they avoid defeat at high-flying Deeping Rangers tomorrow night (7.45pm).