Wisbech Town 1-1 Harborough Town: Dick Creasey begins fourth spell as Fenmen boss with frustrating draw
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town began life under Dick Creasey with a hard-fought 1-1 draw with mid-table rivals Harborough Town.
The Fenmen were looking to put a turbulent week behind them - one that saw them fall to defeat to Northampton Sileby Rangers and manager Brett Whaley resign - but were forced to take a point at the Elgoods Fenland Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Creasey, who returned to the Wisbech hot seat for a fourth spell on Thursday, issued a rallying cry to his players to give the home fans something to cheer about before their meeting with Harborough, but the clash got off to a disastrous start when Barves Gladman fired the visitors ahead after 15 minutes.
Harborough taking the lead seemed to spark the Fenmen into life, and they were soon level thanks to Stuart Cobb’s sixth goal of the season.
Neither side could find a winner in a scrappy encounter, and Wisbech were held to their ninth draw of a frustrating United Counties League Premier Division season.
You may also want to watch:
The Fenmen will look to get their first win since March 19 - and Creasey’s first three points since his re-appointment as boss - when they travel to Northampton to take on Northampton Sileby Rangers in the reverse of Brett Whaley’s final game in charge this Saturday.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 4 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 7 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 8 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 9 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 10 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant