TENNIS: Wisbech Tennis Club youngster Harry, 15, recognised for hard work with annual award
- Credit: Archant
A junior player from Wisbech Tennis Club has been recognised for his hard work with an annual award.
Harry Goldspink was presented with the Peter Peukert Memorial Trophy at a club presentation on Saturday (March 14), which is awarded to the junior player who shows the most improvement and commitment over a season.
Harry, 15, has been a club member for five years and was presented with the trophy by Fay Peukert.
A Wisbech Tennis Club spokesperson said: “Harry received the award because of his dedication, reliability and commitment to the club, as he regularly volunteers with junior activities, helps at Tuesday coaching sessions and has stepped up to play in adult tournaments.”
Peter Peukert was a Wisbech Tennis Club member for many years and served on the committee in a variety of roles.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesperson added: “He encouraged others to play and got his daughter, Sarah, involved in tennis, and the family have continued to support this award for which the club is very grateful.”
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres