TENNIS: Wisbech Tennis Club’s ‘spooktacular’ Halloween tournament is a success
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Tennis Club served up a spooky evening of tennis last Friday.
The Fen club - based on Harecroft Road - hosted a mixed doubles tournament which saw 11 pairs enter.
Those pairs were divided into two leagues and the winner of each league went head-to-head in the final.
League-toppers Kitty Hall and Seth Williams-Briggs beat Sheila Hennesey and Stuart Sage in the final by two shots.
A club spokesman said: “The players all enjoyed a feast of food and drink in the clubhouse after the tournament.
You may also want to watch:
“A new coaching course begins this week for adult beginners and intermediates. Full details can be found on our website – www.wisbechtennisclug.org.uk – under the coaching link or by calling us on 07549 263767.”
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 9 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’