Charlotte and Wendy winners as Wisbech Tennis Club hosts ladies tournament
- Credit: Archant
Seventeen-year-old Charlotte Brett partnered with Wendy Cropp were the successful winners of Fridays Ladies Tournament played at Wisbech Tennis Club.
The round robin event was organised by Jane Page with Sue Pitcher as timekeeper, and each pair played a timed seven-minute tie break.
This was the first time several ladies had played in a tournament gaining valuable experience, finishing with a buffet after the game.
The winners were each presented with a bouquet of flowers.
Wisbech Tennis Club welcomes people of all ages and standards, including beginners.
It has four mixed, two men’s and two ladies teams competing in both West Norfolk and the Huntington & Peterborough leagues.
The club has two all-weather, floodlit artificial clay courts, two traditional grass courts, and an enclosed mini court which is suitable for junior players and the less mobile.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
For more information on the club visit www.wisbechtennisclub.org.uk or call 07549 263767.