Wisbech swimming star cruises to record-breaking triumph at winter championships
WISBECH sporting star Liam Knight recovered from a virus to confirm himself as one of the region’s top swimmers by tearing up the record book at the winter championships.
The 16 year-old became the East Region Champion for the 200m Breaststroke as well as netting four silvers and a bronze at the short course championships in Norwich.
His times in the 400m and 200m Individual Medley and the 100m and 200m Backstroke now rank him second in Great Britain for his age group.
Knight also re-wrote the record books by improving his own junior county records in the 200m Individual Medley, 200m Backstroke and 50m Butterfly. He also smashed the 200m Breaststroke record which was set in back in 1996.
The record-breaking effort was even more remarkable as Knight had only returned to the pool days before the event having suffered from a debilitating virus.
You may also want to watch:
Liam who swims for City of Peterborough S.C. would like to thank DnA performance for their hard work and support.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition