Wisbech swimming star cruises to record-breaking triumph at winter championships
WISBECH sporting star Liam Knight recovered from a virus to confirm himself as one of the region’s top swimmers by tearing up the record book at the winter championships.
The 16 year-old became the East Region Champion for the 200m Breaststroke as well as netting four silvers and a bronze at the short course championships in Norwich.
His times in the 400m and 200m Individual Medley and the 100m and 200m Backstroke now rank him second in Great Britain for his age group.
Knight also re-wrote the record books by improving his own junior county records in the 200m Individual Medley, 200m Backstroke and 50m Butterfly. He also smashed the 200m Breaststroke record which was set in back in 1996.
The record-breaking effort was even more remarkable as Knight had only returned to the pool days before the event having suffered from a debilitating virus.
You may also want to watch:
Liam who swims for City of Peterborough S.C. would like to thank DnA performance for their hard work and support.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 8 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary