Wisbech swimming star cruises to record-breaking triumph at winter championships
WISBECH sporting star Liam Knight recovered from a virus to confirm himself as one of the region’s top swimmers by tearing up the record book at the winter championships.
The 16 year-old became the East Region Champion for the 200m Breaststroke as well as netting four silvers and a bronze at the short course championships in Norwich.
His times in the 400m and 200m Individual Medley and the 100m and 200m Backstroke now rank him second in Great Britain for his age group.
Knight also re-wrote the record books by improving his own junior county records in the 200m Individual Medley, 200m Backstroke and 50m Butterfly. He also smashed the 200m Breaststroke record which was set in back in 1996.
The record-breaking effort was even more remarkable as Knight had only returned to the pool days before the event having suffered from a debilitating virus.
You may also want to watch:
Liam who swims for City of Peterborough S.C. would like to thank DnA performance for their hard work and support.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed