Wisbech Swimming Club stars smash regional qualifying times in Anglian League triumph
NINE young stars from Wisbech Swimming Club have achieved regional qualifying times this season - three times as many as last year.
Hannah Brown, Tom Kelly, Ben Marsters, Abigail Foley, Phoebe Gallagher, Jack Lane, Grace Cherry, Danielle Rayner and Oliver Newton clocked 36 qualifying times between them.
The swimmers aged 15 and over will compete in the Youth Championships next month, while the juniors will travel to Norwich in June.
Wisbech claimed a memorable victory in the second round of the Anglian League on Saturday - pipping St Ives by just two points.
The club’s swimmers recorded 15 first places, 15 second places and 16 personal best times.
You may also want to watch:
1st – Matthew Jakeman Open 100m Individual Medley, Danni Rayner Open 100m Individual Medley pb, Open 50m Butterfly pb, Lorimer Thomas 13/u 100m Freestyle pb, 13/u 100m Backstroke pb, Jack Lane 13/u 200m Individual Medley pb, Hannah Brown15/u 100m Freestyle, Tom Kelly Open 50m Freestyle pb, Katie Bell Open 50m Freestyle, Abigail Foley15/u 200m Individual Medley pb, Oliver Newton13/u 100m Butterfly pb, Grace Cherry13/u 100m Butterfly pb, Will Bell Open 50m Breaststroke pb, Jade Marsters Open 50m Breaststroke, Robson Pack13/u 100m Breaststroke pb,
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
2nd - Daniel Dale 15/u 100m Butterfly pb, 15/u 100m Freestyle, 15/u 200m Individual Medley, Emily Pilbeam 15/u 100m Butterfly, 15/u 100m Breaststroke, Matthew Jakeman Open 50m Backstroke, Katie Bell Open 50m Backstroke, Liam Carey 15/u 100m Breaststroke pb, Alice Dennis 13/u 200m Individual Medley pb, Dominic Hawkins Open 50m Butterfly, Remi Clare 13/u 100m Backstroke pb, Oliver Newton 15/u 100m Backstroke, Kate Newton 15/u 100m Backstroke, Emily Kelly 13/u 100m Breaststroke pb, Mixed 6x50m Freestyle Relay Matthew Jakeman, Jade Marsters, Daniel Dale, Abigail Foley, Oliver Newton, Grace Cherry
Wisbech 135, St Ives 133, Boston B 78, First Strokes 65.