Wisbech Swimming Club stars smash regional qualifying times in Anglian League triumph
NINE young stars from Wisbech Swimming Club have achieved regional qualifying times this season - three times as many as last year.
Hannah Brown, Tom Kelly, Ben Marsters, Abigail Foley, Phoebe Gallagher, Jack Lane, Grace Cherry, Danielle Rayner and Oliver Newton clocked 36 qualifying times between them.
The swimmers aged 15 and over will compete in the Youth Championships next month, while the juniors will travel to Norwich in June.
Wisbech claimed a memorable victory in the second round of the Anglian League on Saturday - pipping St Ives by just two points.
The club’s swimmers recorded 15 first places, 15 second places and 16 personal best times.
You may also want to watch:
1st – Matthew Jakeman Open 100m Individual Medley, Danni Rayner Open 100m Individual Medley pb, Open 50m Butterfly pb, Lorimer Thomas 13/u 100m Freestyle pb, 13/u 100m Backstroke pb, Jack Lane 13/u 200m Individual Medley pb, Hannah Brown15/u 100m Freestyle, Tom Kelly Open 50m Freestyle pb, Katie Bell Open 50m Freestyle, Abigail Foley15/u 200m Individual Medley pb, Oliver Newton13/u 100m Butterfly pb, Grace Cherry13/u 100m Butterfly pb, Will Bell Open 50m Breaststroke pb, Jade Marsters Open 50m Breaststroke, Robson Pack13/u 100m Breaststroke pb,
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
2nd - Daniel Dale 15/u 100m Butterfly pb, 15/u 100m Freestyle, 15/u 200m Individual Medley, Emily Pilbeam 15/u 100m Butterfly, 15/u 100m Breaststroke, Matthew Jakeman Open 50m Backstroke, Katie Bell Open 50m Backstroke, Liam Carey 15/u 100m Breaststroke pb, Alice Dennis 13/u 200m Individual Medley pb, Dominic Hawkins Open 50m Butterfly, Remi Clare 13/u 100m Backstroke pb, Oliver Newton 15/u 100m Backstroke, Kate Newton 15/u 100m Backstroke, Emily Kelly 13/u 100m Breaststroke pb, Mixed 6x50m Freestyle Relay Matthew Jakeman, Jade Marsters, Daniel Dale, Abigail Foley, Oliver Newton, Grace Cherry
Wisbech 135, St Ives 133, Boston B 78, First Strokes 65.