Wisbech Swimming Club pipped by a point in thrilling Anglian League second round
WISBECH Swimming Club missed out on a stunning triumph in the Anglian League by a single point after hosting a thrilling second round event.
St Ives snatched victory in the final race to pip Wisbech 136 points to 135 in the final standings. Boston B finished third with 98.
Matthew Jakeman, Tom Kelly and Oliver Newton tasted double success for Wisbech and overall the team had 13 wins and 15 second place finishes.
The swimming club also held their annual Spring Gala on Thursday with 48 competitors from the development and county squads taking part.
Almost 100 personal bests were set on the night, with Greg’s Gremlins storming to victory with a final score of 120 points.
You may also want to watch:
Final scores – St Ives 136, Wisbech 135, Boston B 98.
1st - Matthew Jakeman Open 100m Ind/Medley pb, Open 50m Backstroke, Jade Marsters Open 100m Ind/Medley, Laura Pattern Open 50m Backstroke, Tom Kelly 15/u 100m Breaststroke pb, 15/u 200m Ind/Medley pb beat cut-off time, Phoebe Gallagher 15/u 100m Breaststroke pb, Oliver Newton 13/u 200m Ind/Medley pb beat cut-off time, 13/u 100m Backstroke, Kate Newton 13/u 200m Ind/Medley pb beat cut-off time, Katie Bell Open 50m Butterfly, Grace Cherry 13/u 100m Backstroke pb beat cut-off time, Jody Hopkisson Open 50m Breaststroke.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 4 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 7 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 8 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 9 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 10 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
2nd - Tom Kelly 15/u 100m Butterfly pb, Sarah Knight 15/u 100m Butterfly. Liam Carey 13/u 100m Freestyle pb. 13/u 100m Breaststroke pb, Millie Hopkisson 13/u 100m Freestyle pb beat cut-off time, Ryan Rout -Lester Open 50m Butterfly pb, Open 50m Breaststroke pb, Daniel Dale 15/u 100m Freestyle pb, Leah Harrington 15/u 100m Freestyle, Daniel Dixon Open 50m Freestyle pb, Jade Marsters Open 50m Freestyle, Robson Pack 13/u 100m Butterfly, Kate Newton 13/u 100m Butterfly pb, Hannah Brown 15/u 100m Backstroke, Cree Howlett 13/u 100m Breaststroke, Mixed 6x50m F/style Relay Ryan Rout-Lester, Jade Marsters, Tom Kelly, Leah Harrington, Oliver Newton, Kate Newton.
3rd - Annabel van Dallen 15/u 200m Ind/Medley, Jordan Wilson 15/u 100m Backstroke pb.