Wisbech Swimming Club competitor Lucy Ryan claims two bronzes at British Gas ASA National Masters and Senior Championships
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech Swimming Club competitor won two bronzes medals at the British Gas ASA National Masters and Senior Championships at Sheffield.
Swimming breaststroke in the 40-44 age group, Lucy Ryan came third in the 100m (1.20.46) and 200m (2.54.48), setting personal bests in both disciplines.
Her 200m time is also a new Wisbech Swimming Club record.
Wisbech Swimming Club head coach Greg Marsters said: “Its great having Lucy working with us. She’s a very dedicated swimmer and sets a great example to the younger athletes at the club.”
Lucy’s nine-year old daughter Leona is also a keen and promising club swimmer, with several successful outings for the club teams behind her.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech Swimming Club members won 14 races and set 31 personal bests as they came fourth in the Patterns Trophy Gala.
Eleven Wisbech swimmers competed at the County Development Championships, achieving an incredible 62 personal best times in 71 events.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 4 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 8 Cambridgeshire care homes back compulsory Covid-19 jabs for staff
- 9 Urgent police appeal to find man missing since Thursday
- 10 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
Of their 17 first places, six each went to Sam Smith and Carl Purvey, while Lucy O’Neill took four and Jacob Rhodes one. The swimmers also came away with 17 second places and 11 thirds.