WISBECH: Superb batting and bowling from Freear helps secure 200-run win
SIMON FREEAR was in superb form for Wisbech s first Sunday side, scoring 92 runs before taking 5-17 in a massive 200-run Rutland Division One victory. Freear opened the Wisbech innings and made light work of the Market Overton bowlers. Fine scores also ca
SIMON FREEAR was in superb form for Wisbech's first Sunday side, scoring 92 runs before taking 5-17 in a massive 200-run Rutland Division One victory.
Freear opened the Wisbech innings and made light work of the Market Overton bowlers.
Fine scores also came from Ivan Burgess (60), Charles Baxter (61) and Robbie Harris 60) as Wisbech notched up 323-8.
Freear, Craig Johnson (3-15), Ryan Van Waterschoot (1-21) and Tom Bourne (1-25) helped restrict the Market Overton response to 123 all out.
Wisbech's second Sunday team also enjoyed a huge win, with Grant Clark's 131 not out and Martin Parrin's 3-0 helping them to a 199-run win over Weldon firsts in the Rutland Division Seven.
Keith Jakings scored 31 and Paul Strickle notched 30 not out as Wisbech scored 305-6.
- 1 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 2 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 3 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 6 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Official who probed Covid breaches by councillors fears for job
- 10 Post office break-in linked to three other ram raids, say police
Weldon responded with 106 all out.
Strickle (3-10), John Mallett (3-65) and Lyndon Waters (1-25) added to Parrin's efforts.
David LeMoir scored 41 not out as Wisbech's third Sunday side lost a Fenland Invitation Trophy match to Warboys by six wickets.
Danny Emmington (28) and Kieran Haynes (24) were the only other Wisbech batsmen to make useful contributions as Wisbech were all out for 149.
Matt Duncan (56 not out) was the key man in the Warboys' response of 152-4.
Haynes was the best Wisbech bowler with 3-27.