MARTIAL ARTS: Fenland Tang Soo Do talents star on the national stage
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Tang Soo Do talents have been flying the national flag recently – and winning a host of medals.
Seven students from the Wisbech & King’s Lynn Tang Soo Do Martial Arts Club travelled to Rotterdam to represent Great Britain in the 2017 World Tang Soo Do Association European Championship, and returned to Fenland with a whopping 16 trophies.
Students scooped medals in three different categories – weapons, forms and sparring – and will now go on to represent their country at the Worl,d Championships in the USA next July.
Tom Magor took gold in weapons, silver in sparring and bronze in forms, while Simba Honde finished second in sparring and third in forms.
Harry Magor came third in both sparring and weapons, Nakita Davies finished first in weapons and forms and third in sparring, Emilia Targanska finished third in both forms and sparring, Sophia Stanton claimed gold in weapons, forms and sparring and Oscar Gray finished in second in his forms category.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the club or to sponsor a student, contact coach Donna Harvey on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 10 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident