MARTIAL ARTS: Fenland Tang Soo Do talents star on the national stage
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Tang Soo Do talents have been flying the national flag recently – and winning a host of medals.
Seven students from the Wisbech & King’s Lynn Tang Soo Do Martial Arts Club travelled to Rotterdam to represent Great Britain in the 2017 World Tang Soo Do Association European Championship, and returned to Fenland with a whopping 16 trophies.
Students scooped medals in three different categories – weapons, forms and sparring – and will now go on to represent their country at the Worl,d Championships in the USA next July.
Tom Magor took gold in weapons, silver in sparring and bronze in forms, while Simba Honde finished second in sparring and third in forms.
Harry Magor came third in both sparring and weapons, Nakita Davies finished first in weapons and forms and third in sparring, Emilia Targanska finished third in both forms and sparring, Sophia Stanton claimed gold in weapons, forms and sparring and Oscar Gray finished in second in his forms category.
For more information on the club or to sponsor a student, contact coach Donna Harvey on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim