Wisbech student captains England roller hockey team
A WISBECH Grammar School student has been captaining the England under-17 roller hockey team at the European championships in Dinan, France. Han Wei Lim, 16, who lives in King s Lynn, led the team for a series of six five-a-side matches and his team memb
A WISBECH Grammar School student has been captaining the England under-17 roller hockey team at the European championships in Dinan, France.
Han Wei Lim, 16, who lives in King's Lynn, led the team for a series of six five-a-side matches and his team members produced a performance that matched the national side's achievements in the previous two years.
The best results came in the two matches against Switzerland which produced a 2-0 win and a 1-1 draw, but the side slipped to a 6-3 defeat against Germany.
Han Wei, who has now represented his country in the under-17s side for the last three years, said: "The team performed really well overall. In the match against Germany we could have easily beaten them if we had played better."
You may also want to watch:
Now the sixth form student has resumed his AS Level studies and he hopes that he will be able to represent England in the under 20 side next year if he makes the squad.
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son