Wisbech student captains England roller hockey team
A WISBECH Grammar School student has been captaining the England under-17 roller hockey team at the European championships in Dinan, France. Han Wei Lim, 16, who lives in King s Lynn, led the team for a series of six five-a-side matches and his team memb
A WISBECH Grammar School student has been captaining the England under-17 roller hockey team at the European championships in Dinan, France.
Han Wei Lim, 16, who lives in King's Lynn, led the team for a series of six five-a-side matches and his team members produced a performance that matched the national side's achievements in the previous two years.
The best results came in the two matches against Switzerland which produced a 2-0 win and a 1-1 draw, but the side slipped to a 6-3 defeat against Germany.
Han Wei, who has now represented his country in the under-17s side for the last three years, said: "The team performed really well overall. In the match against Germany we could have easily beaten them if we had played better."
Now the sixth form student has resumed his AS Level studies and he hopes that he will be able to represent England in the under 20 side next year if he makes the squad.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire