Wisbech student captains England roller hockey team
A WISBECH Grammar School student has been captaining the England under-17 roller hockey team at the European championships in Dinan, France. Han Wei Lim, 16, who lives in King s Lynn, led the team for a series of six five-a-side matches and his team memb
A WISBECH Grammar School student has been captaining the England under-17 roller hockey team at the European championships in Dinan, France.
Han Wei Lim, 16, who lives in King's Lynn, led the team for a series of six five-a-side matches and his team members produced a performance that matched the national side's achievements in the previous two years.
The best results came in the two matches against Switzerland which produced a 2-0 win and a 1-1 draw, but the side slipped to a 6-3 defeat against Germany.
Han Wei, who has now represented his country in the under-17s side for the last three years, said: "The team performed really well overall. In the match against Germany we could have easily beaten them if we had played better."
You may also want to watch:
Now the sixth form student has resumed his AS Level studies and he hopes that he will be able to represent England in the under 20 side next year if he makes the squad.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 8 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films