Wisbech St Mary to unveil new 50-seat stand at Hinchingbrooke Cup tie with Huntingdon Town
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary are set to continue their meteoric rise in non-league football by unveiling a new 50-seater stand at Beechings Close tomorrow night (11).
Since its inception in 1993, the club has rose from the bottom of the Cambridgeshire Football League ladder to tenth place in the Step Six Thurlow Nunn First Division, and it is now celebrating another milestone in the form of its new stand.
Built by Peterborough-based Sports Ground Development, the stand will house 50 supporters and will be used for the first time in the village side’s Hinchingbrooke Cup second round tie with Huntingdon Town tomorrow (7.45pm).
And boss Arran Duke can’t wait to see it in action.
He said: “It’s another milestone for the club and a fantastic achievement.
You may also want to watch:
“The club has backed the step up fully and wants to progress, so from my perspective a big thank you has to go out for all the hard work from the committee members for making it possible.”
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 9 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 10 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs