Wisbech St Mary to unveil new 50-seat stand at Hinchingbrooke Cup tie with Huntingdon Town
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary are set to continue their meteoric rise in non-league football by unveiling a new 50-seater stand at Beechings Close tomorrow night (11).
Since its inception in 1993, the club has rose from the bottom of the Cambridgeshire Football League ladder to tenth place in the Step Six Thurlow Nunn First Division, and it is now celebrating another milestone in the form of its new stand.
Built by Peterborough-based Sports Ground Development, the stand will house 50 supporters and will be used for the first time in the village side’s Hinchingbrooke Cup second round tie with Huntingdon Town tomorrow (7.45pm).
And boss Arran Duke can’t wait to see it in action.
He said: “It’s another milestone for the club and a fantastic achievement.
“The club has backed the step up fully and wants to progress, so from my perspective a big thank you has to go out for all the hard work from the committee members for making it possible.”
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost