Wisbech St Mary respond to boss Duke’s call to sharpen up in front of goal with six goal drubbing of Dereham Town Reserves
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary answered boss Arran Duke’s call to be more clinical in stunning style last night.
Duke believed his players needed to take more of their chances despite beating Needham Market Reserves 3-1 last Saturday and the villagers responded by smashing six past a hapless Dereham Town Reserves last night.
Braces from Nick Davey and Rob Harris and further strikes from Ryan Lennon and Danny Emmington fired the Saints to their third consecutive league win – and to the top of the Thurlow Nunn First Division.
“I’m very pleased with the result and performance,” Duke said. “The lads were asked to be more clinical in front of goal as I felt we wasted too many chances on Saturday but we were much better last night.
“Defensively we were well organised and our midfield covered lots of ground.”
You may also want to watch:
Duke’s men will hope to extend their purple patch on Saturday with a victory against Woodbridge Town (3pm).
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl