Wisbech St Mary respond to boss Duke’s call to sharpen up in front of goal with six goal drubbing of Dereham Town Reserves
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary answered boss Arran Duke’s call to be more clinical in stunning style last night.
Duke believed his players needed to take more of their chances despite beating Needham Market Reserves 3-1 last Saturday and the villagers responded by smashing six past a hapless Dereham Town Reserves last night.
Braces from Nick Davey and Rob Harris and further strikes from Ryan Lennon and Danny Emmington fired the Saints to their third consecutive league win – and to the top of the Thurlow Nunn First Division.
“I’m very pleased with the result and performance,” Duke said. “The lads were asked to be more clinical in front of goal as I felt we wasted too many chances on Saturday but we were much better last night.
“Defensively we were well organised and our midfield covered lots of ground.”
You may also want to watch:
Duke’s men will hope to extend their purple patch on Saturday with a victory against Woodbridge Town (3pm).
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success