NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech St Mary hit for six at Swaffham Town
- Credit: Archant
Arran Duke says Wisbech St Mary were brought back down to earth with a bump on Saturday after they were hammered 6-0 at Swaffham Town.
The Saints went into their Thurlow Nunn First Division clash full of confidence after beating Downham Town 3-1 in the League Cup last week, but were hit for six by a Swaffham side who have now notched 75 goals in just 20 games.
Duke said: “We were brought back down to earth with a bump after Tuesday night’s great win.
“We came up against a Swaffham side who have been scoring goals for fun all season and we couldn’t stop them on Saturday.
“Their three late goals didn’t flatter them to be honest – they deserved it as they are a clinical side.
You may also want to watch:
“We go again with a run of home games leading up to Christmas. It’s a very important period for us.”
That period begins on Saturday with the visit of Framlingham Town (3pm). The Suffolk outfit are fifth in the standings but go into Saturday’s game on the back of a 1-0 defeat to Downham.
- 1 Independent cinema forced to cancel film screenings due to vandalism
- 2 'Off they go!' - family friends cycle from Wales to Wisbech
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Fundraiser launched for funeral of woman who died of Covid-19
- 6 Freemasons donate £500 each to two local charities
- 7 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer