NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech St Mary hit for six at Swaffham Town
- Credit: Archant
Arran Duke says Wisbech St Mary were brought back down to earth with a bump on Saturday after they were hammered 6-0 at Swaffham Town.
The Saints went into their Thurlow Nunn First Division clash full of confidence after beating Downham Town 3-1 in the League Cup last week, but were hit for six by a Swaffham side who have now notched 75 goals in just 20 games.
Duke said: “We were brought back down to earth with a bump after Tuesday night’s great win.
“We came up against a Swaffham side who have been scoring goals for fun all season and we couldn’t stop them on Saturday.
“Their three late goals didn’t flatter them to be honest – they deserved it as they are a clinical side.
You may also want to watch:
“We go again with a run of home games leading up to Christmas. It’s a very important period for us.”
That period begins on Saturday with the visit of Framlingham Town (3pm). The Suffolk outfit are fifth in the standings but go into Saturday’s game on the back of a 1-0 defeat to Downham.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 10 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support