Wisbech St Mary boss Duke expects ‘bags of goals’ after landing youngster Jack Friend
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary boss Arran Duke has added another exciting talent to his ranks.
Former Peterborough United prospect Jack Friend has made the switch from Wisbech Town to Beechings Close after his departure from the UCL Premier League side on Friday (October 21).
Friend, who notched eight goals during his second spell at the Fenmen – including consecutive hat-tricks – will take his place in Duke’s squad for the villagers’ Hinchingbrooke Cup tie with Stewart and Lloyds Corby tomorrow night.
“I’m delighted with the signing,” said Duke. “He has real quality and I’m sure he will score bags of goals when he gets going.
“It’s a big, big signing and I hope to add at least one more to the squad in the next few days. It’s a very exciting time at the club.”
You may also want to watch:
Duke also admitted his men weren’t at the races in their 3-0 Thurlow Nunn Division One defeat to AFC Sudbury Reserves.
The Suffolk side completed their league double over St Mary on Saturday and Duke conceded that his players looked tired after also playing during the week.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 2 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 3 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 4 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 7 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 8 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
- 9 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 10 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
“It was a poor performance from us on Saturday,” he said. “We never got going against a very organised and young side and we were punished.
“I kept with all but two of the players that won the game over at Diss Town and that back-fired. They looked very tired and I’ll freshen things up for tomorrow night’s tie. Hopefully we can put Saturday behind us with a victory.”