Wisbech St Mary boss Duke excited by upcoming King’s Lynn Town Reserves test
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary boss Arran Duke is looking to his men to cause King’s Lynn Town Reserves some problems when they visit Beechings Close tomorrow night.
St Mary have started their maiden Thurlow Nunn First Division campaign in superb form, surging to the top of the table thanks to three wins from their opening five matches.
Duke’s men were held to their first draw of the season at Woodbridge Town last Saturday, and the young manager is looking at their Friday night clash with the Linnets’ second-string as an opportunity to get back to winning ways: “We’re really looking forward to the game,” he said. “It was one we looked for straight away when the fixtures were released.
“We know they will be well organised and have some good players but we’re confident and we hope to cause them some real problems.”
The villagers will be without captain James McManus, Nick Davey and Ricky Bowden but welcome back Jakub Ziabka, Matt Prudence and Steve Thompson.
“We’ll shuffle the pack and players will get their chances,” Duke added.
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 7 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 8 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 9 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home