Wisbech St Mary boss Duke excited by upcoming King’s Lynn Town Reserves test
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary boss Arran Duke is looking to his men to cause King’s Lynn Town Reserves some problems when they visit Beechings Close tomorrow night.
St Mary have started their maiden Thurlow Nunn First Division campaign in superb form, surging to the top of the table thanks to three wins from their opening five matches.
Duke’s men were held to their first draw of the season at Woodbridge Town last Saturday, and the young manager is looking at their Friday night clash with the Linnets’ second-string as an opportunity to get back to winning ways: “We’re really looking forward to the game,” he said. “It was one we looked for straight away when the fixtures were released.
“We know they will be well organised and have some good players but we’re confident and we hope to cause them some real problems.”
The villagers will be without captain James McManus, Nick Davey and Ricky Bowden but welcome back Jakub Ziabka, Matt Prudence and Steve Thompson.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll shuffle the pack and players will get their chances,” Duke added.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 10 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery