Wisbech's possible EDF Vase quarter-final opponents drawn
WISBECH Rugby Club will play away at either Harbury or Redditch if they make the quarter-finals of the national EDF Energy Junior Vase. Wisbech head coach Steve Drawbridge said: Both teams play in the South Midlands League, and I know that Harbury beat R
WISBECH Rugby Club will play away at either Harbury or Redditch if they make the quarter-finals of the national EDF Energy Junior Vase.
Wisbech head coach Steve Drawbridge said: "Both teams play in the South Midlands League, and I know that Harbury beat Redditch earlier this season.
"I understand that they play at the same level as Stockwood Park, who we beat two rounds ago, and I will do my best to find out as much about them both as I can."
Wisbech were due to play fellow Eastern Counties Division One title chasers Lowestoft and Yarmouth tomorrow, but the match was postponed for a second time on Tuesday because snow and ice have made the pitch unplayable.
You may also want to watch:
It was hoped that a hastily-arranged league match against Stowmarket could be arranged instead if conditions improved but Thursday's heavy snow ensured that no rugby will be played in Fenland this weekend.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 6 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 7 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 8 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant