Wisbech Rugby Club Under-9s show glimpses of old form in return to action
WISBECH Rugby Club s under-9s showed glimpses of their old form when they returned from a weather-enforced two-month lay off with two wins from four games. They saved their best until last – beating home club Bury St Edmunds 6-0 in their final game with t
WISBECH Rugby Club's under-9s showed glimpses of their old form when they returned from a weather-enforced two-month lay off with two wins from four games.
They saved their best until last - beating home club Bury St Edmunds 6-0 in their final game with tries from Cameron Finlay (3), Thomas Nunn, Finlay Wilcox and Frank Etherington.
Earlier Wisbech beat Shelford 5-2, with tries from Etherington (2), Oliver Simpson, Archie Lyall and Luke Green, but lost 3-0 and 4-2 to Bury sides.
Nunn and Etherington scored a try each in the second defeat.
You may also want to watch:
Player of the week was Lyall.
Anyone aged five to 16 who wants to try their hand a rugby should turn up for training at the Wisbech Rugby Club's Chapel Road ground, on Sunday at 10am.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 6 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 7 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 8 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant