Wisbech Rugby Club Under-9s show glimpses of old form in return to action
WISBECH Rugby Club s under-9s showed glimpses of their old form when they returned from a weather-enforced two-month lay off with two wins from four games. They saved their best until last – beating home club Bury St Edmunds 6-0 in their final game with t
WISBECH Rugby Club's under-9s showed glimpses of their old form when they returned from a weather-enforced two-month lay off with two wins from four games.
They saved their best until last - beating home club Bury St Edmunds 6-0 in their final game with tries from Cameron Finlay (3), Thomas Nunn, Finlay Wilcox and Frank Etherington.
Earlier Wisbech beat Shelford 5-2, with tries from Etherington (2), Oliver Simpson, Archie Lyall and Luke Green, but lost 3-0 and 4-2 to Bury sides.
Nunn and Etherington scored a try each in the second defeat.
Player of the week was Lyall.
Anyone aged five to 16 who wants to try their hand a rugby should turn up for training at the Wisbech Rugby Club's Chapel Road ground, on Sunday at 10am.
- 1 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 8 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 9 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 10 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council