Wisbech Rugby Club Under-9s show glimpses of old form in return to action
WISBECH Rugby Club s under-9s showed glimpses of their old form when they returned from a weather-enforced two-month lay off with two wins from four games. They saved their best until last – beating home club Bury St Edmunds 6-0 in their final game with t
WISBECH Rugby Club's under-9s showed glimpses of their old form when they returned from a weather-enforced two-month lay off with two wins from four games.
They saved their best until last - beating home club Bury St Edmunds 6-0 in their final game with tries from Cameron Finlay (3), Thomas Nunn, Finlay Wilcox and Frank Etherington.
Earlier Wisbech beat Shelford 5-2, with tries from Etherington (2), Oliver Simpson, Archie Lyall and Luke Green, but lost 3-0 and 4-2 to Bury sides.
Nunn and Etherington scored a try each in the second defeat.
You may also want to watch:
Player of the week was Lyall.
Anyone aged five to 16 who wants to try their hand a rugby should turn up for training at the Wisbech Rugby Club's Chapel Road ground, on Sunday at 10am.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed