Wisbech youngsters see off Sleaford in latest cup outing
- Credit: Wisbech RFC
Wisbech under-14s beat Shelford 28-10 in their latest Eastern Counties Cup outing.
Ackara Black ran their first try under the posts, with Louie Stephens-Foster also burrowing over and Archie Grange-Hall converting for a 14-0 lead at the break.
Black ran in his second converted try after the restart, before Shelford hit back with a try of their own.
Brodie Fall's clever run set up Josh Abrams to go over in the corner and Grange-Hall added the extras to make it 28-5, before Shelford grabbed a late consolation.
Wisbech coach Marcus Hall said: "We look forward to seeing who we will host on finals day. I'm so proud of all our players including our new players and players who are still training hard to come back from injury.
"A big thanks to Luke Hare for his invaluable coaching contribution to the team this year which is clearly visible in our performances."
Mixed under-11/12 and under-9/10 squads took on Sleaford and Bishop's Stortford in triangular fixtures.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 6 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 7 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 8 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 9 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 10 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
Wisbech Wildcats welcome Ely seconds to Harecroft Road for the final league match of the season on Saturday (3pm).