Wisbech Rugby Club’s youngest stars bring shield success to Harecroft Road
WHILE the senior side battle relegation - Wisbech Rugby Club’s youngest stars have been bringing success to Harecroft Road.
The under-7s waltzed to victory at the Spalding Festival at the weekend, beating Boston by seven tries to five in the final to win the 2011 shield.
A hatful of tries from Jenson Nunn, Ben Wilcox, Joshua Bell, Will Griffin, Oliver Murdoch and captain Oliver Mann helped the youngsters beat Stamford and Spalding, as well as claim a draw with Lincoln, on their way to glory.
Meanwhile, debutant and player of the week Henry Hoyles had a strong festival for Wisbech under-10s.
Frank Etherington, Cameron Finlay, James Shelly and Finlay Wilcox scored tries for the under-10s, who beat Lincoln but fell to defeats against Peterborough and Stamford.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech under-8s recorded two draws and two losses. Jack Fowler and Luke Fox were in inspired form, running in five tries each, and they were well supported by fellow-scorers Sam Howat, Nathan McKenzie and George Howat.
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son