Wisbech Rugby Club’s youngest stars bring shield success to Harecroft Road
WHILE the senior side battle relegation - Wisbech Rugby Club’s youngest stars have been bringing success to Harecroft Road.
The under-7s waltzed to victory at the Spalding Festival at the weekend, beating Boston by seven tries to five in the final to win the 2011 shield.
A hatful of tries from Jenson Nunn, Ben Wilcox, Joshua Bell, Will Griffin, Oliver Murdoch and captain Oliver Mann helped the youngsters beat Stamford and Spalding, as well as claim a draw with Lincoln, on their way to glory.
Meanwhile, debutant and player of the week Henry Hoyles had a strong festival for Wisbech under-10s.
Frank Etherington, Cameron Finlay, James Shelly and Finlay Wilcox scored tries for the under-10s, who beat Lincoln but fell to defeats against Peterborough and Stamford.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech under-8s recorded two draws and two losses. Jack Fowler and Luke Fox were in inspired form, running in five tries each, and they were well supported by fellow-scorers Sam Howat, Nathan McKenzie and George Howat.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 8 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 10 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store