Wisbech Rugby Club's EDF Vase clash against Lowestoft and Yarmouth postponed
WISBECH Rugby Club s EDF Energy Junior Vase fixture against Lowestoft and Yarmouth has been postponed. Wisbech s Harecroft Road pitch has been deemed unplayable due to the weather and forecasts of sub-zero temperatures tonight. It is hoped that the fixtur
WISBECH Rugby Club's EDF Energy Junior Vase fixture against Lowestoft and Yarmouth has been postponed.
Wisbech's Harecroft Road pitch has been deemed unplayable due to the weather and forecasts of sub-zero temperatures tonight.
It is hoped that the fixture, which sees the two sides battling for a place in the quarter-finals of the national competition, will be played next Saturday (February 13).
Wisbech head coach Steve Drawbridge said today: "It's very disappointing. We've had some really successful training sessions this week and everyone was fired up and itching to get out there.
You may also want to watch:
"But there is literally nothing we could do. We had to make a decision early because the referee was coming down from Warwickshire, but I can confidently say now there is no way the pitch would be playable.
"Hopefully we will be able to play the fixture next Saturday and we expect to receive confirmation early next week.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 6 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter