Wisbech Rugby Club's EDF Vase clash against Lowestoft and Yarmouth postponed
WISBECH Rugby Club s EDF Energy Junior Vase fixture against Lowestoft and Yarmouth has been postponed. Wisbech s Harecroft Road pitch has been deemed unplayable due to the weather and forecasts of sub-zero temperatures tonight. It is hoped that the fixtur
WISBECH Rugby Club's EDF Energy Junior Vase fixture against Lowestoft and Yarmouth has been postponed.
Wisbech's Harecroft Road pitch has been deemed unplayable due to the weather and forecasts of sub-zero temperatures tonight.
It is hoped that the fixture, which sees the two sides battling for a place in the quarter-finals of the national competition, will be played next Saturday (February 13).
Wisbech head coach Steve Drawbridge said today: "It's very disappointing. We've had some really successful training sessions this week and everyone was fired up and itching to get out there.
You may also want to watch:
"But there is literally nothing we could do. We had to make a decision early because the referee was coming down from Warwickshire, but I can confidently say now there is no way the pitch would be playable.
"Hopefully we will be able to play the fixture next Saturday and we expect to receive confirmation early next week.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run