Wisbech Rugby Club II play out breathtaking tie as first team crash to heavy defeat
WISBECH Rugby Club II battled to a well earned draw in an exhilarating game of rugby at Harecroft Road on Saturday.
The home side drew 17-17 with Norwich II, in what was their first game for six weeks.
Wisbech looked to run the ball from the outset, using their powerful centres and pacy wings to gain the upper hand.
Winger Bryan Alabaster was the standout performer, crashing over for a stunning brace of tries before a third score was added by the rampaging number eight Ramus.
But it was not enough for them to secure the win, as the visitors pegged them back with their own attacking flair.
You may also want to watch:
Even a sustained spell of late Wisbech pressure, prompted by a deft kick from fly-half Steven Priest, was not enough for the three points.
Wisbech will be hoping to build on a determined performance as they prepare to travel to Wymondham II tomorrow.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 7 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 8 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
- 9 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 10 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
• Wisbech’s first team found themselves facing a much sterner test as they took on a ruthless Norwich side.
The visitors never threatened a dominant Norwich, and Mark Laws’ penalty was their only score in a 46-3 thumping.
Acting captain Shane Vickers will be hoping for more from his troops when they entertain Wymondham in a 2:15pm kick off at Harecroft Road tomorrow.