Wisbech roller hockey stars turn on the style to wow national coach
YOUNG roller hockey stars from Wisbech impressed a national coach at their training camp – taking home top awards.
Jake Findell, Ben Davis, Samantha Calver, Michael King and Joseph Bates, who all play for Walpole Roller Hockey Club, and Joshua Bates, who plays for King’s Lynn, were all in sparkling form at the four-day event.
The camp was run by Carlos Amaral, England’s National Roller Hockey Association Coaching Director – and it was Fenland’s emerging talent that caught his eye.
The Wisbech youngsters dominated the final awards ceremony, taking home five prizes between them.
Joshua Bates was named as the most improved goalkeeper while 10-year-old Davis won the most improved player. Carver, King and Joseph Bates were presented with individual player of the day awards.
You may also want to watch:
Abie Davis, Ben’s mum, said: “Well done to them all, it’s a terrific achievement.
“We expect to see a number of players from this area climb to great heights in this exciting and fast-paced sport.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
“I’m quite sure we will be hearing these names in the future!”