Wisbech roller hockey stars turn on the style to wow national coach
YOUNG roller hockey stars from Wisbech impressed a national coach at their training camp – taking home top awards.
Jake Findell, Ben Davis, Samantha Calver, Michael King and Joseph Bates, who all play for Walpole Roller Hockey Club, and Joshua Bates, who plays for King’s Lynn, were all in sparkling form at the four-day event.
The camp was run by Carlos Amaral, England’s National Roller Hockey Association Coaching Director – and it was Fenland’s emerging talent that caught his eye.
The Wisbech youngsters dominated the final awards ceremony, taking home five prizes between them.
Joshua Bates was named as the most improved goalkeeper while 10-year-old Davis won the most improved player. Carver, King and Joseph Bates were presented with individual player of the day awards.
You may also want to watch:
Abie Davis, Ben’s mum, said: “Well done to them all, it’s a terrific achievement.
“We expect to see a number of players from this area climb to great heights in this exciting and fast-paced sport.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 10 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
“I’m quite sure we will be hearing these names in the future!”