Wisbech racer Jake Giddings looking forward to ‘exciting’ new British GT Championship season
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech racer Jake Giddings says he wants to put up a fight this season in his bid for a Pro-Am GT4 Class title in the British GT Championship.
After confirming his return to the prestigious series with 2015 team-mate Kieran Griffin, and a new lick of orange, green and black paint for his Aston Martin V8 Vantage car, the 21-year-old is looking forward to the new season.
He said: “Obviously Kieran is in his second year now, he’s got his head round things more and we’re all recharged from the winter and looking to have a strong season.
“We’ve got a couple of upgrades to the car, including a different gearbox, and the championship has new tyres with Pirelli as well. We’ve got a new colour scheme too so everything feels fresh and pretty exciting.”
Partnering with Hertfordshire businessman Griffin for the first time last year during JWB’s maiden season at British GT level, the team-mates encountered mixed fortunes but did climb the podium at Rockingham with an excellent top three finish and ended the season sixth in Pro-Am.
You may also want to watch:
Of the 32-car British GT grid for the opening event at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit on the weekend of April 16, no less than 18 cars will feature in the GT4 class – promising a fierce battle for honours and the prospect of some outstanding racing.
“Even though last year was a tough season, we did manage to get the podium at Rockingham so I’d like to get at least a couple this year,” said Jake.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
“We need to push hard to put up the best fight we can in the Pro-Am championship. The GT4 class is looking strong again; there are a lot of cars and some good variety in there, so it should be an exciting season.”