Wisbech racer Giddings finishes seventh at Silverstone in Avon Tyres British GT Championship
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech racer Jake Giddings battled to seventh in the fourth round of the Avon Tyres British GT Championship at a wet Silverstone at the weekend.
The 20 year-old Aston Martin Evolution Academy racer and his team mate Kieran Griffin remain in the top six of the GT4 Class standings.
Giddings said: “It was a good race overall. I really enjoyed the first stint in the wet, we had a good pit stop strategy and jumped a few cars so that was great and it pulled us into contention for a good result.
“Kieran did a good job out there but after the last stop, I’m not sure what happened.
“We came out in eighth and just struggled for pace at the end. I think it was a lack of grip at the front end, I couldn’t hold the car through Maggots and Becketts as well as I’d been able to before.
You may also want to watch:
“Seventh is still a good solid finish, though, and it was nice to have led the race for a while too.”
Next on the Avon Tyres British GT Championship calendar is the annual visit to Spa-Francorchamps on July 11.
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son