Wisbech racer Giddings finishes seventh at Silverstone in Avon Tyres British GT Championship
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech racer Jake Giddings battled to seventh in the fourth round of the Avon Tyres British GT Championship at a wet Silverstone at the weekend.
The 20 year-old Aston Martin Evolution Academy racer and his team mate Kieran Griffin remain in the top six of the GT4 Class standings.
Giddings said: “It was a good race overall. I really enjoyed the first stint in the wet, we had a good pit stop strategy and jumped a few cars so that was great and it pulled us into contention for a good result.
“Kieran did a good job out there but after the last stop, I’m not sure what happened.
“We came out in eighth and just struggled for pace at the end. I think it was a lack of grip at the front end, I couldn’t hold the car through Maggots and Becketts as well as I’d been able to before.
You may also want to watch:
“Seventh is still a good solid finish, though, and it was nice to have led the race for a while too.”
Next on the Avon Tyres British GT Championship calendar is the annual visit to Spa-Francorchamps on July 11.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 8 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed