Wisbech Pro Martial Arts School looking to kick-start junior sessions
- Credit: Archant
A Martial Arts school in Wisbech is hoping youngsters will get a kick out of its new junior class.
The Pro Martial Arts School, which holds weekly sessions at the Hudson Centre, is celebrating a swell in numbers by starting special sessions for its younger members next month.
Ed Scholes, who has been teaching martial arts for nearly 10 years, said: “I used to do martial arts when I was young but then took a break. I got back into it in my early 20s and then got my black belt, got all my qualifications and started teaching.
“We’ve got about 35 members who come along on and a good proportion of women members, which you don’t always find at martial arts clubs.
“Hopefully, by starting the junior class, we’ll encourage more young people to get involved in the sport.”
The school, which also has bases in King’s Lynn and Hunstanton, currently teaches members aged seven to 60 on Thursdays at the Hudson Centre between 7-8pm.
For more information, call Ed on 07932 962397 or visit www.promartialartsschools.com.
- 1 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 2 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 6 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 7 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 8 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights