Wisbech man Bill ‘Wom’ Garner is back to racing form after 27 years
- Credit: Archant
After a break from competitive motorsport of more than 25 years a man from Wisbech has decided to head back to his childhood love of racing in a single seater car.
Bill “Wom” Garner has competed internationally in 250 national karts.
But after much research, conversations with current participants and visiting some of the 750 motor club race meetings, he decided on a Formula Vee single-seater vehicle.
2017 was very much a development year with many ups and downs, a steep learning curve with big development steps being taken.
2018 has seen a development partnership with AWS Motorsport culminating in a double win success at Mondello Park in Ireland.
You may also want to watch:
The team travelled across on Thursday July 5, tested out some development changes on the Friday and then competed in the two British championship rounds on Saturday resulting in class wins in both rounds.
Currently Wom is 8th in the class championship, with his next competing round at Donington Park on September 1 - 2.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition