WISBECH: Liam McMillan itching to get back on track for British Touring Car meeting
By ADAM LAZZARI BRITISH Touring Car driver Liam McMillan is itching to get back on the track this weekend following a two-and-a-half month lay off. McMillan, 19, from Wisbech will be competing in the sixth meeting of the season at Snetterton.
By ADAM LAZZARI
BRITISH Touring Car driver Liam McMillan is itching to get back on the track this weekend following a two-and-a-half month lay off.
McMillan, 19, from Wisbech will be competing in the sixth meeting of the season at Snetterton.
Qualifying will be on Saturday and Sunday's three races: at 11am, 2.30pm and 5pm will be shown live on ITV4.
You may also want to watch:
McMillan was forced to pull out of the last two races after a dispute over payment with French engine builders Oreca.
Oreca refused to return McMillan's engines because of a debt with the vehicle's previous owners.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 3 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 4 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
McMillan's father and manager Paul McMillan paid half of the debt and the engines were returned with several parts missing.
Liam said: "We're doing all of the work in house now. We've got no excuses if anything goes wrong!
"I'm itching to get out there. It's been very frustrating for me.
"Snetterton is my home track and I've always done well there in the past. But it will be difficult to get in the top 10 because there are a lot of straights there and most other drivers will have more powerful cars.
"I'm just happy to be back out there getting more experience under my belt.