WISBECH: Liam McMillan itching to get back on track for British Touring Car meeting
By ADAM LAZZARI BRITISH Touring Car driver Liam McMillan is itching to get back on the track this weekend following a two-and-a-half month lay off. McMillan, 19, from Wisbech will be competing in the sixth meeting of the season at Snetterton.
By ADAM LAZZARI
BRITISH Touring Car driver Liam McMillan is itching to get back on the track this weekend following a two-and-a-half month lay off.
McMillan, 19, from Wisbech will be competing in the sixth meeting of the season at Snetterton.
Qualifying will be on Saturday and Sunday's three races: at 11am, 2.30pm and 5pm will be shown live on ITV4.
You may also want to watch:
McMillan was forced to pull out of the last two races after a dispute over payment with French engine builders Oreca.
Oreca refused to return McMillan's engines because of a debt with the vehicle's previous owners.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
McMillan's father and manager Paul McMillan paid half of the debt and the engines were returned with several parts missing.
Liam said: "We're doing all of the work in house now. We've got no excuses if anything goes wrong!
"I'm itching to get out there. It's been very frustrating for me.
"Snetterton is my home track and I've always done well there in the past. But it will be difficult to get in the top 10 because there are a lot of straights there and most other drivers will have more powerful cars.
"I'm just happy to be back out there getting more experience under my belt.