Wisbech Ladies win league opener at Saffron Walden
East Women’s League - Division 1N Saffron Walden 2 Wisbech Town 3
WISBECH won their first game of the East Women’s League Division 1N season with a 3-2 victory at Saffron Walden.
Wisbech were unsettled at the start, thanks to a changed formation, but took the lead through Jane Peggs.
A hotly-disputed short corner saw Walden pull level just before the break but this only spurred Wisbech on.
Claire Apted fired Wisbech in front before Peggs grabbed her second to give Wisbech Ladies’ Firsts a two-goal lead.
You may also want to watch:
Despite conceding another goal it was the visitors that took all three points.
Player-of-the-match: Erika Burrell
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 3 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 9 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action