Wisbech Ladies Over 35s 3-0 Hertford: Overland’s double fires local ladies to Masters Shield final spot
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Ladies Over 35s are just one victory away from lifting the Masters Shield after booking their place in the final of the competition in comprehensive style.
The local ladies eased past Hertford 3-0 in their last four clash yesterday (March 12) to set up an April 30 showdown against Barnes at the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre at the Olympic Park.
Wisbech began the tie on the front foot and took an early lead courtesy of Laura Overland.
The hosts continued to pile on the pressure and were rewarded with a short corner which Overland fired in ferociously from the top of the D.
Hertford muscled their way back into the game in the second period and enjoyed more possession, but Lorraine Wallis in the Wisbech goal turned in another top display to earn her third clean sheet of the tournament.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech rounded off their classy performance with a third and final goal through player-of-the-match, Tania White, who struck with a penalty flick.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 8 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 9 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’